The Westport Island History Committee is an official committee of the Town of Westport Island dedicated to the pursuit, preservation and promotion of the island's history and cultural heritage.
The committee's goals are to:
- Collect, preserve and showcase historical records and memorabilia.
- Educate the public and organizations to promote interest in Westport Island and its history.
- Continue to build on our history to further our rich tradition and culture for future generations.
Selected Westport Island History Committee images:
- Squire Samuel Tarbox, ca. 1850
- House of Samuel Tarbox, ca. 1845
- Map of Westport, 1857
- Trawl Survey for Maine Yankee, Westport Island, ca. 1978
- Lincoln County Bicentennial Event, Westport Island, 1960
- Herbert Cromwell's Grocery Store, Westport Island, 1952
- Sawmill, Westport Island, 1946
- Pulp Operation, Westport and MacMahan Islands, 1957
- Lumber Yard, Westport Island, ca. 1946